Can Blogging Bring You Financial Freedom?
Whether or not you are currently a blogger and have a day job, do you feel passionate about it? Do you yearn for something better? You probably crave financial freedom – we all do. Or perhaps you only want to make some additional income. What about making money through blogging? It probably hasn’t evaded your awareness that there are some bloggers out there doing this. But how do they? Can you make it happen too?
Develop a Business Strategy
The simple fact is that if you are just writing, you aren’t going to get much in terms of financial payout. But if you create a logical business strategy using your blog as the nucleus, well that’s another matter entirely. Most people would love to stay home and work on monetizing their blog, that is if they knew how to make it work.
Some believe that if they simply write blog posts that once they have accumulated a decent amount of content, their advertising revenues will pay off significantly. While it’s true that as content accumulates advertising revenue does also, you really can’t expect to make a living from that alone.
Your next thought may be to ask ‘so what can I do to create significant blog revenue’? And the answer is that it’s all up to you. How much creativity are you willing to put into your plan? The sky’s the limit. But don’t move too fast; think each step out in full. Once you get started it’s messy to backtrack.
Steps to Monetizing your Blog
The first and most important Step to monetizing your Blog is by having a blog that is as easy to monetize as possible, by choosing the right topic matter for your blog. This obviously means that if you have already chosen a blog topic and the audience isn’t there; or if your blog doesn’t have content relative to the business you wish to associate with it, you will need to change it to have a shot at success.
Do your research and find out what people are reading. Choose a topic that you can add originality and quality to; making money online is the result of having a professional quality blog.
With the above facts in mind, here are some ideas to help you create a strategy to blogging in order to create financial freedom:
- Develop effective writing skills and work on presenting top notch content.
- Set up a Google AdSense or other advertising account and post relevant ads.
- Set up an online business. Write interesting posts relative to your products to draw readers there.
- Get involved in affiliate sales. Find products relative to your content and put links in each post. But if you do this, don’t hide the fact that you are an affiliate as it will work against you.
- Work on creating solid blog traffic. This is something we all aim to do, but once you get into figures over the 10,000 mark you can begin selling advertising spots.
- Create a product that sells and market it through your blog. An example could be an eBook. I use this as an example because it’s something anyone could do. If not an eBook, perhaps you could develop a web app or perform a service and charge a fee for it. Guest blogging is another idea.
The above are steps you would take toward building a professional blog and will answer the question “Can Blogging bring you financial freedom?“. There are no limits as to the heights you can take your blog to when you commit yourself to success.
You can learn how to complete the steps above in the Learn How to Blog online course.